Monday, August 22, 2005

Sugar and spice and everything nice


I got back last night from a girls' weekend with three of my best female friends from high school. We went to Cape Cod, stayed in Hyannis and took a day trip to Nantucket. Note to self: next time, shell out the extra cash and take the high speed ferry, otherwise you will spend more time on the ferry than on the island. Activities included napping in various locations, eating, shopping, and more napping. We didn't spot any Kennedys but did see Steve Forbes. I read The Alchemist by Paolo Coelho and thought it was a simple and very beautiful story. Now I need to figure out my Personal Legend, because unless it involves eating fried clams and sleeping a lot, I haven't achieved it yet. A good time was had by all, and it was nice change to come back relaxed instead of exhausted after a vacation.

No comments: