Thursday, August 18, 2005

Ugly footwear sweeping the nation

I hate these. Here's an aerial view. I don't care how comfortable they are. They are ugly.

They remind me of these:


I also hated jelly shoes. Okay, so maybe I only hated jellies because I really wanted a pair and everyone else had them and my mother wouldn't buy me them because she thought they were stupid. Just like she thought Cabbage Patch Kids were stupid and overpriced but in an attempt to placate me, bought me a homemade one, which I had to pretend to like but secretly knew the other kids would make fun of me for having a fake Cabbage Patch Kid. To sum things up, Mom was right, but the sight of rubbery footwear brings back unpleasant childhood memories.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too had a homemade Cabbage Patch Kid but I also had a real one. I was in 1st grade and I named him after this kid I had a crush on, his name was Joey and he was in 4th grade. Living in Georgia, I had the pleasure of going to Baby Land General Hospital in Cleveland, GA where Cabbage Patch Kids are "born". They pluck them right out of the ground. http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/GACLEbaby.html

Anonymous said...

I agree, the Crocs are pretty fugly. I did used to love my one pair of jellies I had as a kid, though.

Anonymous said...

I just don't get those weird shoes. I thought they were a joke the first time I saw them. They are, arent' they?

(and I loved jellies as a kid)

-Liz