Saturday, October 22, 2005

20 miles

Whew. This morning, I did my 20 mile training run, the longest distance I'll run before the actual marathon. Carolina and I met at Copley and ran along Route 30 all the way to my parents' house in Framingham. It was rough, but we made it, and although my legs are quite stiff right now (and will likely be even more so tomorrow), I am pleased with our performance. The route was nice- I plotted the exact mileage using this handy pedometer link from Google maps. Along the way, we saw a some nice fall foliage, a lot of rich people's house, several garage sales, and a strangely high number of single gloves. Socks, I could understand, but who loses just one glove? (I mean, besides O.J.). Apparently, a lot of people do. We also saw my father drive by, but he didn't see us, which might have been a good thing, because had he slowed down I might have been tempted to try to hitch a ride.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Thanks for the tip about the Gmap pedometer. I have been running as well but I've been using www.map24.com. I've been wondering when Google would add on a measuring tool - although I'm not sure this is an official Google site. Looks like this Gmap site gives distances slightly less than map24 so you might have actually run further than you thought. At least I hope map24 is right! Sometimes I also use this electronic map measuring tool I have (http://www.silva.se/outdoor/products/acce_emea.htm), but that's more for hikes when you don't have easy access to the internet and need to see how long various trails are. You also need a decent hardcopy map to use with it.