Thursday, December 22, 2005

In the news

First off, I'd like to say that I'm not that upset by Jonny Damon signing with the Yankees. He's replaceable, and both teams need pitching more than anything else. Scott Boras must be the little devil that sits on the shoulder of professional athletes. Now I am left with only one question- how long before the inevitable commercial involving Steinbrenner, Damon, and a haircut comes out?

Looks like the New York transit workers might be returning to work. Hey New Yorkers, how was the strike?

My hometown is in the national news once again. A woman and her baby son were kidnapped at knifepoint from the parking lot of a Wal-Mart right near my parents' house. Luckily, a quick thinking liquor store clerk called 911 after the woman mouthed "Help me" and the name of the motel where the man was holding them prisoner, so they're alive.

The Senate agreed to extend the Patriot Act for six months, which doesn't sound like good news to me, but seems preferable to the alternative sought by the Bush administration, a permanent adoption of the act into law. Regardless, Santa won't be the only one watching us while we're sleeping.

No comments: