Thursday, December 22, 2005

Wardrobe Malfunction

Sometimes I have problems dressing myself. I will attribute it to general spaciness and the fact that I get dressed early in the morning, pre-coffee, and far from alert. About once a month, I'll suddenly realize that the shirt I'm wearing is inside-out, or that my sweater is on backwards. Occasionally, I'll be on the soccer field or on the treadmill at the gym and look down to see that my shorts are on backwards. Usually this discovery is followed by some sort of proclamation, like "hey, my shirt is on backwards!" and then someone says "Oh, I thought it looked funny but I didn't say anything." (My personal policy is to always let someone know if they have something in their teeth, their fly is down, or if they're getting sunburned, and I wish people would do the same for me. Isn't a brief moment of embarrassment preferable to noticing yourself and then having to wonder how many people you spoke to with a giant chive plastered to your front tooth? And if you're the one talking to the Chive Tooth, isn't it easier just to let him or her know and thus remedy the problem than sit there thinking "Chive...chive...chive...I can't stop staring at it....chive...I'm not even listening....chive tooth...I wonder what he ate... should I let him know?" the whole time you're conversing?)
Anyways, on my second trip to the bathroom today, I noticed that my underwear was on inside-out. That's a new one for me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what happens when you get dressed quickly in the dark. Just who's room were you getting dressed in Eileen?????

eileen said...

my own, sadly enough :)

Anonymous said...

my favorite dressing malfunction story is when i came back from a hook up and my sister blurted out that my pants were inside out. oops. i just recently experienced the panties inside-out malfunction.

Anonymous said...

And no one told you that your underwear was inside out??? Thats just rude.