Sunday, December 11, 2005

Weekend Report

On Friday, in the midst of a freak blinding snowstorm, my friend Colann came up from Rhode Island and we went to see Bon Jovi at the Garden. Hey, make fun all you want, but the show was mint. The audience was full of intoxicated women going insane for JonBon, and they played all of their big hits from the 80's and beyond, including You Give Love a Bad Name, Blaze of Glory, Wanted Dead or Alive, and of course, Livin' On a Prayer. We sat next to a bleach-blonde mother daughter duo from the cape and drank a zillion beers. It was a great excuse to get together with an old friend who lives close enough that we really should see each other more than once or twice a year, but just far away enough that we don't.
The rest of the weekend included soccer playing and holiday shopping. Next year, remind me to get everything online. I've had enough crowds, parking lots, lines, and angry customers for one lifetime. Somehow during my soccer game, I managed to crack my big toenail in half, and it hurts and keeps bleeding all over my sock, so that is adding to my shopping discomfort.

No comments: