Monday, January 16, 2006

YES!

I have mentioned before that I am being sued $72,000 for a car accident I was in a couple of years ago. I was scheduled to go to trial this Thursday. Yes, that's right, me, on trial. As a defendant. As in me, sitting up there in front of a judge and a jury and a lawyer bombarding me with questions and trying to make me look like a criminal. I have been avoiding thinking or talking about it, because, frankly, the idea of it scares the shit out of me. But guess what? I just got a call from my lawyer's secretary and THE CASE SETTLED! No trial! No me going to court! No me losing and them taking away my computer and stuffed animals and cubic zirconia earrings! (Luckily, I don't have very many assets.) No debtor's prison! It's over!

I am still a tad apprehensive, because about a year ago I received a similar phone call telling me that the case had settled, only to be informed a month later that only one portion of it had settled and I was still being sued for $72,000. Cross your fingers for me, folks.

No comments: