Friday, October 27, 2006

Bolton Landing or bust

During a lab meeting a couple of months ago, my boss announced that we would all be attending a biodefense conference at the end of October. I immediately perked up at the news, for one of the major benefits of being a scientist is the opportunity to attend conferences in faraway places...paid vacations under the guise of collaborative science. Immediately, visions of Brazil, Australia, or Amsterdam began dancing in my head. Even somewhere in the U.S., like Los Angeles or Chicago would have made me happy. He passed around the brochure, and full of hope, I eagerly looked at the location.....

Bolton Landing, NY.

Sigh of disappointment...it's about an hour north of Albany. Well, at least it will get me out of the lab for a couple of days, and the resort where we're staying looks nice. I won't be taking any ferry rides on Lake George, though.

So posting will be light until I get back, but I assure you I will have photos from the Halloween bash up at some point.

At the conference, I'm giving an oral presentation (get your collective mind out of the gutter, folks), so wish me luck.

and have a Happy Halloween, eveyone!





Poor Linus. He was always my favorite Peanut.

3 comments:

Mrs. V said...

Good luck, your presentation should be good if y....o....u......
s.....p....e.....a....k.........
s.....l.....o.....w....l....y... that is everyone's downfall when they are nervous and speaking publicly. Remember, no one knows more about your project than you do, so knock them dead. What are you speaking about??? Immunology? I hope not, immunology always puts me to sleep.

Lisa Kate said...

WHOA Eileen - do you realize that you are once again haunted by Michael BOLTON?!

eileen said...

AAAH, I cannot escape Michael BOLTON!

Oh, and my talk went fine. It was about an antimicrobial peptide, so slightly less boring than immunology....