Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas lists

Three things I asked for every year as a child and never received:
  1. archery set
  2. stoplight
  3. hammock instead of a bed
I even developed a tactic that I thought would increase the probability of getting one of the aforementioned gifts. I would give my parents a Christmas list filled with extravagant items, with the true object of my desire at the bottom of the list, like this:
  1. trip to Hawaii
  2. pet leopard
  3. convertible
  4. pot of gold
  5. archery set

The thinking was that they would somehow feel obligated to buy me at least one gift from the list, and since numbers 1-4 were impossibilities, they would get me the sole "reasonable" item. It never worked. They did get me a giant stuffed animal leopard one year, so in hindsight, I think they were on to me.

Anyways, here's this year's Christmas list:
  1. laptop
  2. broiling pan
  3. tea kettle
  4. archery set

4 comments:

Tom said...

Wow this post would have been brilliant if you'd closed with

"4. archery set"


(Though I would have gone with "pet leopard.")

-t

eileen said...

Hah! I think I'll change it, even though I've (mostly) outgrown my desire for an archery set.

Anonymous said...

I already got my Christmas wish... getting the bigger font back. (sigh)

eileen said...

anything for you, Liz :)