Sunday, July 08, 2007

Weekend Report

Friday- Met Tom for a drink, then headed to the Golden Temple for a goodbye dinner for my friends Jason and Sarah, who are moving to Maine. Although the food and the company were quite nice, the atmosphere wasn't the best....we were seated on the bar side of the restaurant and it was almost pitch black, so we could barely see our food.

We gave Jason and Sarah some Maine-appropriate gifts, like this hunting magazine featuring an article entitled "How to Stalk."



Saturday- I attended the 30th birthday party for Sue at Clarke's, and somehow managed to not get any good pictures of her. The party itself was a great time, and later on in the evening, a funny little mishap occured. I was chatting with a couple of friends, when all of the sudden a guy slid up to me and put his arm around me, in an...ummm...very affectionate manner (there was some back rubbing and a pat on the butt involved). I froze, turned, and identified the back rubber as the boyfriend of Loren, who just so happens to be my height, with the same hair color, and was wearing outfit very similar to mine. "I'm not Loren," I said. He looked stunned and completely mortified. By this point, everyone around us had realized what had happened and we all cracked up. Here is Loren winning back her man:




Towards the end of the evening, a few of us were unable to resist the pull of the scorpion bowl, so we headed down the road to the Hong Kong. Luckily, we didn't last too long, so I woke up feeling relatively undamaged.






Sunday- I met my sister, bro-in-law, and my two nieces for breakfast at Flour (they opened a second branch in Fort Point), and we headed over to the Children's Museum. Although it's been remodeled since the last time I was there (oh, about twenty years ago), the milk bottle still exists. Nora and Maggie seemed to enjoy it, but I was probably the most excited of the group.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you might have woke up undamaged, but i still feel like i was hit by a train..
i'm officially old now haha