Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Report

Friday- Went out for drinks at Silvertone with friends. Sometimes that place can be annoyingly crowded, but it was just right on Friday night. Hey, that rhymed.

Saturday- Tried to go for a run at midday, then realized that 95 degree heat with intense humidity were not ideal running conditions. Retreated, lounged on the couch for a few hours, then resumed the run. Saturday night I went to Woonsocket, RI, to visit a friend of mine. We ordered pizza and drank two bottles of red wine, and spent a lot of time catching up.

Sunday- I joined a women's soccer league and my new team had their first game. Since all of my teammates are suburban soccer moms in their 30s and 40s, and I've been playing co-ed for so long, I was under the assumption that I would be younger, bigger, faster, and therefore awesomer, than everyone. Not so. The ladies were tough, good players, and I had trouble keeping up. We won 3-2. After the game, spent some family time in Metrowest hanging out with the grandparents and the nieces. Then, for the second Sunday in a row, candlepin bowling! This time, I went to Sacco's Bowl Haven in Davis Square, whose motto is ""We've got small balls, but we're big on fun." Far less shady than Boston Bowl, but drawbacks include lack of beer sales and unexciting vending machines. The place itself is hilarious, though, and definitely has that weird time warp vibe small, old bowling alleys exude.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I used to live on Day St, the street that Sacco's is on! I never went in though, partly b/c the guys that smoked cigarettes out front always looked so shady. Glad you had fun in my old hood. ;)