Thursday, November 01, 2007

A test of my skills

This morning, I received an email from someone, unknown to me, who had read my Good at, Bad at post where I bragged about my cryptoquote deciphering ability.

It was a plea for help with the following cryptoquote:

BDF VID'L RBOT NL DB VID'L RBOT; RF LABSQT ZSNFYQX AFIO CBYA LNTFL. - UBFYAF

Of course, my first thought was "Oh my gosh....what if I can't solve it? Then I'll be a braggart and a liar! I haven't done one of these in a long time. What if my powers have faded?"

My fears were unwarranted. It took about ten minutes, but I cracked it.

In case anyone else wants to give it a go, I'll post the answer later today in the comments.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

i got it


but

i cheated

http://home.hiwaay.net/~kdunn/problems/ciphform.shtml

you are a girl-genius, eileen!!

Anonymous said...

Do you think it's the CIA getting in contact with you?

Anonymous said...

Okay. I feel stupid. I dont' get it.

eileen said...

The answer:

One man's word is no man's word; we should quietly hear both
sides. - Goethe