Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I'm just not that into...celebrity baby photos.

It seems like the past couple of years, celebrity baby photos are all the rage. I like babies, and I fully admit that I am not above following celebrity gossip, but celebrity babies just don't pique my interest. Celebrity wedding photos? Sure. Celebrity mug shots? Oh hell yes. But celebrity babies? They just look like...other babies. Except with more eccentric names.

Like, when everyone was all "Suri Cruise is sooo cute!" I didn't get what the fuss was all about. Maybe people were expecting a harelipped thetan or something, but, to me, she just looked like an ordinary baby.


On the opposite side of the spectrum is my friend Carolina, who has been vigilantly scouring the internet for photos of the Pitt-Jolie twins for days. I'm tempted to buy that new People (or Hello!, were I British) and paste the pictures all over her lab bench. But I'm too busy reading stories about the Canadian bus beheading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously!! I'll look at the baby pictures if it happens to appear while I do my daily celebrity gossip round but I definitely won't seek it out.

I did read about the Canadian bus beheading. One, glad it wasn't on one of the Chinatown buses. Two, sucky that he was Asian (yes, I care about that stuff.

eileen said...

Yeah, I've got a morbid fascination with that story...agree that i'm happy my beloved Chinatown busses weren't involved. And I think I get what you mean about the Asian thing, like, I worry that racist idiots can try to use these sort of incidents to justify their bigotries.