Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Report

Friday- My roommate Ern and I headed up to Maine to visit friends and enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Friday night, we arrived at the house of our friends Allison and Dan in time for a late dinner and copious amounts of wine.



Saturday- We went out to downtown Brunswick for a tasty breakfast, and then headed north to meet up with Jason and Sarah and Phil and Sue in Bangor. We spent the afternoon at Acadia National Park- I had never been there before and really enjoyed it.
Cadillac Mountain (no relation to this place) has amazing views of the Maine coast. Here are a couple of pictures taken from the top:
We walked around the summit for a while, and then headed to Jordan Pond to do some peeping. At leaves, not through windows. Once the sun started to go down, we left Acadia and drove back to Bangor for beers and appetizers at a local brewery. The rest of the evening included many more beers and laughs, a disappointing Red Sox game, and lots of fun creating vanity plates on the Maine DMV website. In case anyone was wondering, ASSMAN isn't available, but ARSEMAN is ripe for the picking.


Sunday- In the morning, we went shooting with Jason's uncle and cousins. As in firing real shells from shotguns and rifles. I channeled my inner Sarah Palin and shot the shit out of some clay pigeons. AWWW YEAH! Well, most of them got away, and my arm is a little sore from the kickback, but Jay's uncle was a great instructor and we all had a lot of fun. After shooting and lunch, we headed southward and met up with Allison and Dan for outlet shopping and dinner in Freeport. I really needed some new clothes and ended up buying jeans, boots, socks, sweaters, and shirts. Out with the pastels, in with the jewel tones!


All in all, I had a fantastic time catching up with old friends and taking advantage of a perfect New England fall weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics, looks like a beautiful weekend eileeno.

Unknown said...

I'm registering my car next week, so ARSEMAN is mine!