Friday, November 07, 2008

Football Weekend

This weekend, three of my college friends are coming to town to watch the ND vs. BC football game. I started thinking back to the last time I watched these two teams face off in person, and realized that it was exactly ten years ago. In November 1998, fourteen friends and I rented an RV, piled in (along with some snacks and a keg), and drove it all the way from South Bend, Indiana to Boston. Here are a couple of photos from the RV trip- I still can't believe it was ten years ago!





Some observations:

  • If you are college student and someone invites you to take an RV trip somewhere, say yes. You won't regret it.
  • Don't, however, proceed to get drunk and fall asleep in between two people on a pull-out bed while clutching an open bag of trail mix. You will wake up sweaty and covered in oats, grains, and dried cranberries.
  • Tailgating in the midwest > tailgating in the northeast.
  • Fashion in the late 90s? NOT FLATTERING. I'm glad that we didn't feel the need to slut it up, but wow, there's a lot of baggy fleece, sweatshirt, sweater, and denim going on in those photos.

Notre Dame won that game, 31-26. They haven't fared as well in years since, but I'm hoping for an Irish victory this Saturday.
Happy Friday, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the best trip! I hope you're joking about not liking my outfit, because I'm wearing the same thing this weekend.

Anonymous said...

um... i think you are describing both my outfits in these pictures. Big sweater and denim. man, I am a gooood dresser!

Anonymous said...

addendum to RV advice: when you turn off the RV, don't leave a sandwich in the fridge b/c it will go bad and stink up said RV.

Anonymous said...

nice photos - i can relate. During that time, i was a huge fan of layering...turtleneck, flannel, wool sweater, fleece vest. Man, I was a slut - covering up all that skin. You'd think i was bundling up for going to class in northern canada