Monday, April 20, 2009

A real life crime drama

Last week, when my coworkers and I were joking around about who was behind the prostitute slaying at the Copley Marriott, it didn't actually cross our minds that the (alleged) murderer was a medical student on our campus. FREAKY!! I didn't know him but a couple of my friends are in his med school class. News cameras were already out when I left the lab tonight- one stopped me as I was getting on the bus and my friend Nikki called to say she saw me on the news.
Reporter: Isn't is shocking?
Me: It's really shocking.

I'm so insightful. That being said, seems as though the police did some quality detective work on this case and I'm glad they caught the perpetrator.

Update:

Okay, watch the clip here! I come on around 4:05. I didn't give my name, and they misidentified me. (I think that the girl interviewed after me is the real Cierra.)

7 comments:

Kris said...

Awesome! You'll have to record it or see if you can find it on YouTube afterwards. I want to see RT on the news!

eileen said...

Apparently they showed the news clip with my interview last night and this morning on channel 7. I couldn't find it online, though. What a crazy story!

Suldog said...

Wow. I'd count my blessings, if I were you, that he decided to take his strange ways to someplace else instead of on campus somehow.

Tina said...

I like how the article pointed out that "The couple met while working at an Albany hospital and are registered at Macy’s, Williams-Sonoma and Pottery Barn." I mean, really, is that necessary?

eileen said...

Yeah, crazy to think I've probably walked right past this guy in the halls and in the cafeteria! And the fiance says he's innocent? That's some major denial right there.

Tina, I know, random about their wedding registry... maybe they were trying to make the point that he's upper class? I mean, no Target or Crate & Barrel?

This whole incident is really feeding my fascination with crime dramas.

Ryan said...

Wait, is Crate & Barrel down market? I had no idea! The rich really really are different. Murderously, different.

Anonymous said...

William Randolph Hearst once observed that the role of the press, or today's media, is " to comfort the afflicted, and to afflict the comfortable."