Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Links!

Boston.com recently ran a story about the potential demise of the Boston institution and my all-time favorite place to shop, Filene's Basement. For years and years, the Basement has been my go-to locale for winter coats, suits, and evening bags and shawls. It's sad enough that the famous flagship store is now a giant, gaping hole in Downtown Crossing, but now the rest of the chain might close down as well? Booo to that. Next time you see me at a wedding, if I look poorly accessorized, you'll know why.

In case you were wondering, here's how to pronounce the name of the newest Supreme Court Justice nominee Sonya Sotomayor. So now you can discuss her without fear of sounding like an idiot.

And on to the funny stuff: 11 Points is a blog of lists with...wait for it..11 items. Oh, and these lists? Are awesome. The current police blotter one cracked me up. (via Tom)

2 comments:

Suldog said...

Speaking of links, I just added yours to my sidebar. I have no idea why I didn't do it earlier. Very rude of me, considering you've had mine here for a while.

eileen said...

And all this time I thought you just didn't like me.
(I kid.)