Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yet another recipe

Apparently I haven't been doing much of late aside from cooking and eating. I'm still crushing on the April 2009 issue of cooking light and made this cilantro-lime chicken with avocado salsa. Holy yum, Batman. And extremely easy and quick to make. You can't go wrong with fresh lime juice, cilantro, and avocado. Unless you put it on your cereal, because that might be weird. Oh, and in case you're wondering about the melons, I used them to make this fruit salad from boston.com for a Mother's Day brunch.

And speaking of melons...I have an annoucement! The next DCoE Field Trip has been arranged. On Wednesday, May 20th I will be a contestant on the Somerville Cable Access game show Fruit or Breast? It's sort of like 25,000 Pyramid, but all of the words you try to get your partner to guess have to do with ... fruit or breasts. (Thanks to Kurt for the brilliant suggestion.)

3 comments:

Suldog said...

Oh, how I wish I could get that show on Watertown TV! Heck, I wish I could host it!

mj said...

Hysterical photo.

How was the fruit salad? It sounds interesting.

eileen said...

Yeah, Ern took the photo and we were cracking up about it.

The fruit salad was really good- the dressing added a subtle flavor. I also put blueberries and bananas in it.