Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Weeknight dinner


Food: Chicken scaloppine with lemon, capers, and tomatoes

Drink: The Little Penguin pinot grigio

Book: Valley of the Dolls, by Jacqueline Susann. It's our latest book club selection and a perfect summer read. A total beach novel about three beautfiul girls working in the entertainment industry and navigating through the showbiz scene, but because it was written in the 1960s and set in the 1940s I can call it a modern classic.

Sometimes, staying in for the Summer of No isn't so bad. Oh, and I scheduled my thesis defense. If all goes according to plan, come September 29th, I will be done with graduate school. Thank fucking Christ.

p.s. How's this for a headline? Nose hair trimmer briefly halts mail service.

p.p.s. I feel like this post is weak sauce compared to the Todd Rundgren extravaganza.

3 comments:

Nitsirk said...

Congrats on setting the date. It will be here before you know it.

eileen said...

Yeah, it's great to have a finite ending to keep my eye on.

KcM said...

Congrats on the date! Closure is good.