Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas eve music

This whole not working thing has kept me busier than anticipated, but I'll start posting more frequently next week, I promise!

As for now, I aim to placate you with a gift of songs.

One of my new favorite musical acts is Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. I hate the name, because it's too long and lends to some confusion regarding the Magnetic Fields but love the music. The LA based group has been described as a hippie version of the Arcade Fire, which seems apt. One I heard their song "Home," I was hooked, mostly because features two things I love: duets and whistling. And it's just so happy!

Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

And because it is Christmas eve, here's one of my very favorite Christmas songs:

2000 Miles
- The Pretenders

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Eileen, I've been listening to Edward Sharpe for a couple weeks now. I like them a lot as well. Did you see there tiny concert video on NPR? They certainly are pretty hippy. Have a good holiday.

Matty V

Mike said...

Props for the Pretenders selection. Kim loves that song.

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I contemplate the list inform should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I think polite post. Particularly the title-deed attracted me to read the unscathed story.