Sunday, July 11, 2010

Giant microbes!


I learned of Giant Microbes, a company that makes stuffed animal versions of viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms several years ago, but I was pleased to discover last week that they have greatly expanded their catalogue. I even found two of the bacteria I work with- Streptococcus pneumoniae and Staphylococcus aureus. So of course I bought them. I was tempted to buy Neisseria gonorrhoeae and mail it to someone as a gag gift, but I managed to restrain myself.

5 comments:

Jeff said...

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek.

buddymollys said...

finally! a company for the nerd in me:)

eileen said...

I love my giant microbes and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh. Is that Nora's b-day gift?

Андрей said...

Hello to all! I love these bacteria too! I am participating in the International Biology Olympiad 2011 and we have to make a 4-min video "We love biology". I'd like to use the microbes as a part of the video. So here's the question: Why do you love biology esp. these microbes? Thank you!
PS. Please try to reply to volkov.andriy@gmail.com